Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Songs With Callie: Goodbye

Kitties - wow, while the past couple of weeks have had some good things, Blogpaws Finalist Announcement and anything about my Sweet Ba-Boo, there has also been a lot of ouchies going on in the Cat Blogosphere.  I would like to dedicate this song to all of our newest Rainbow Bridge residents.  It is by Boyz 2 Men and is called "Its So Hard To Say Goodbye."  Although, this is a song about lost love, I did not change any of the words, I think they fit as is. 

How do I say goodbye to what we had?
The good times that made us laugh
Outweigh the bad.

I thought we'd get to see forever
But forever's gone away
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.

I don't know where this road
Is going to lead
All I know is where we've been
And what we've been through.

If we get to see tomorrow
I hope it's worth all the wait
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.

And I'll take with me the memories
To be my sunshine after the rain
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.

And I'll take with me the memories
To be my sunshine after the rain
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.

Goodbye Smoochies to Pretty Parker, Elliot, Pixie, Captain Casper and all of the other loved ones!

14 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was one terrific tribute to those who had to leave. We will remember them all forever.

The Island Cats said...

That song was most appropriate, Callie. We sure will miss all our furiends.

Sweet Purrfections said...

Purrfect song for all of our furriends. It's been a rough couple of weeks on the CB.

Truffle and Brulee

GLOGIRLY said...

What a wonderful tribute, Callie. You are a true sweetheart kitty.
; ) Katie & Glogirly

Gigi said...

I has hadded teh terrible leaky sads all day and my Human has also. This was really nice and it made us feel better.

We know that one day, in the blink of an eye really, we will all be together again. The Human likes to think about seeing all the Kitties (and people) Who Came Before. Meanwhile, I think they is all welcoming the new arrivals. XOXOXO

Hannah and Lucy said...

A great choice of song this week Callie - it seems to have been a very sad time on the CB recently.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

A Tonk's Tail said...

FaRADaY: Mowzers, Callie. Mommy yells at me when I try to sing.
Maxwell: yowl
FaRADaY: SING *glares at Max*
Maxwell: but we both agree that the song is purrfect for all our OTRB friends. We hurt for their humans cuz we know how much they are missed....

CATachresis said...

That was lovely!

Unknown said...

A good tribute - we were sorry to see them all go.

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

What a beautiful tribute.
We have lost some real super-stars of the Cat Blogosphere for sure.
Love & Purrs,
KC

Daisy said...

Callie, that was a beautiful song.

Marilia said...

So cute tribute!

Unknown said...

What a great tribute Callie! Yous is learning how to be the purrfect cat from hell! Tempering hellery with with compassion!
Kisses
Nellie
PS KOz is insiting Me say Hi from him!

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Botiful tribute to the ones that have to leave us <3