Friday, December 16, 2011

First "Got Ya" Day


Dear Friends of the Cat Blogging World: 


I need some suggestions.  Tomorrow (Saturday, Dec. 17th) is my very first "Got Ya Day".  One year ago tomorrow, Mommie walked into the SPCA looking for a boy kitty (since she already had a girl kitty).  I took one look at her and thought to myself, "Sucker!”, ummm, I mean I thought “Mommie”, yeah that’s it….  It was pretty most all over from my first meow, Mommie barely looked at the other kitties and I was on my way to conquer a new world. 

I was thinking about what I wanted to do on my first anniversary.  At first I thought, “I’ll have a House Trashing” party with all of my bloggie friends.  But then I remembered, I pretty much trash the house every week by myself, that is not special.  Then I thought a “Nip Party”, except I am trying to cut back on my Nip inhalation – something about causing a worldwide shortage. 
How can I celebrate this special day?

9 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Some kitties have big cyber celebrations, some don't. You can do whatever you want! A special post, of course. :-)

Some kitties who have beans who can afford it do commentathons for a particular animal charity/rescue. If you ever go that route, it's a good idea to cap the dollar amount you'll donate. LOL. (That is, for every comment, you would donate 25 cents or fifty cents or a dollar...whatever.)

Or you could get your mom to buy a few toys and treats for a shelter....anything.

Or nothing! :-)

Whatever works for you!

Random Felines said...

how about a nap-a-thon??? MOL We like Fuzzy Tales suggestions....giving back to the shelter where you were gotch'd from would be great. Happy 1st Gotcha Day!!!

The Island Cats said...

Yeah...a nap-a-thon! We would have one big kitty pile and sleep all day. Oh wait...we do that everyday. Hmmm...well, you could have a big party and have lots of foods and toys to play with or like Fuzzy Tales says, a commentathon or do something special for the shelter you came from. It's a special day no matter what you decide to do to celebrate!!

Mr Puddy said...

Sound Purrfect pawty for me : )
and Thanks so much to stop by and purrs for me
xoxo

Katnip Lounge said...

So THAT'S where our nip stash went...

How about a fun contest? Guessing how many toys in a bag or treats in a jar, with a little prize...don't forget to post about it on the Cat Blogosphere, no matter what you decide, that way LOTS of kitties will see and stop by!

Quinn and Angel brandi said...

A special gift for your shelter would be a great thank you to them for helping you find your new home.
Then party however you decide!!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Well Happy Gotcha Day to you! Gotcha Days are the best and doing something for the shelter would be super terrific!

Gigi said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Callie! Whatever you decide to do, I'll be right there!

Oui Oui said...

Hi Callie, we wanted to say happy Gotcha Day! Sorry we missed it, that mom of ours is such a slacker Whatever you feel like doing is fine, after all, its your day! Our mom likes the idea of donating some money for every comment - say a quarter - to an animal charity.