Thursday, June 28, 2012

Friday Songs With Callie: America The Beautiful

Kitties - as all of the American kitties know, next week we will celebrate the 4th of July.  Now, I know the noisy, what is the point of them fireworks makes this holiday not a favorite.  So I thought I would try to brighten it up with a song.  Maybe this would be a good song you can sing it as loud as possible to drown out the fireworks?  Today's song is "America The Beautiful" by Katherine Bates. Are you ready to be patriotic?  

O beautiful large hammacks,
For green waves of ‘nip,
For glorious silvervine snacks
And some fat bacon strips!

America! America!
Cod shed Her grace on thee,
And give us many good nipitinis!
From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful without conceit,
We are the greatest cats
About our lives we shall tweet
Across the blogosphere.

 America! America!
Cod mend hoomans many flaws,
Confirm the shelf has temptations,
Mine meow is law.

Remember to Sing Loud, Sing Long and Sing Often!

10 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was purrfect and I love it!!!

Sparkle said...

Wow, that was a great song - I feel very catriotic!

CATachresis said...

WOW! It almost makes me catriotic!!! Austin is singing something as I type? Need to tune him up a bit!! xx

The Island Cats said...

You lost us at bacon strips. :)

GLOGIRLY said...

This is one of my FAVORITE songs of yours ever!!!
Flat Katie and I were cheering you on at BlogPaws last weekend! We SO wanted you to win. : )
xoxo Glogirly

The Florida Furkids said...

Oh yeah....we're right here in the choir!!

The Florida Furkids and Lexi

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Me too got lost at FAT BACON STRIPS :)

Unknown said...

Dearest Sweet Pea,
Here it is Monday night and I am finally getting to read your Friday post! Both Queen Penelope and I are giving Mommy the back of disrespect for not paying attention to us this weekend. I know she was busy getting ready for the Canada Market and then Canada Day and then the holiday today, but still, I MISSED YOU!
Love your Sweet Ba - Boo

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! How did I miss this?????? MOL!!!! I'm dying! Callie, you are the queen of songs!! I LOVE IT!

A Tonk's Tail said...

FaRADaY: *raises paw* SILVERVINE! NIPTINIS! Temptations! WOOOT!